Monday, May 28, 2007

Riverside National Cemetery Memorial Day

Memorial Day.

I spent the day at the Riverside National Cemetery to attend the Memorial Day’s event and shoot it with a new video camera I bought. This was the first trip I took alone for the documentary. It gave me some time to reflect on the last eight months.

Because of meeting all the men and their families for this documentary, I experienced a very touching day while paying respect to the men who have fought and died for our country. I thought of all their friends mentioned during our interviews who were killed in the war.

A beautiful ceremony was held for those who have made the “Ultimate Sacrifice."

Several of the men we have met are former POWs. Take a look at some photos of the National POW/MIA Memorial.

No comments: