Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Michigan Trip to Research Bill Perkins

I just arranged my flight and rental car for my trip to Michigan. Unfortunately, Fran and Zev will not be able to join me on this trip. I am planning on meeting with Brooks Applegate, II and his son Brooks, III. Brooks, III has been helpful in arranging our meeting.

We have plans to meet him up at a cottage near a lake called Portage Lake. George Bernard, one of the men we interviewed in Portland last year, spent his summers as a kid near this lake and knew Bill Perkins. He is now a priest in Portland. He mentioned a few stories about Bill.

One of the stories involves a local landmark called "Angel's Slide". It is some kind of sand dune where the kids would run down. It is very steep and you could lose your balance easily. I hope I can find it.

No comments: