Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Some Women Who Knew Bill Perkins

I just got an email from Brooks Applegate's wife Doddin. She has found two women who were mentioned in Bill's diary. They are sisters that are living in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Bill was dating one of the sisters. And the other sister married Bob "Bogey" Chamberlain, Bill's best friend in high school. I can't wait to meet them and find out more about Bill and his life in Michigan.


Zev is now going to join me on this trip. It is obvious there is going to be a lot more happening than I originally planned. I could sure use his help. We will now be flying in to Chicago on August 23(my birthday) and then driving to Grand Rapids. We are meeting with my Aunt Ila and her husband Fred on the 24th. That night will be a drive up to Portage Lake. We will meet some of Bill's relatives on the 25th. We will stay two nights at Portage Point Inn to shoot the lake. We drive back to Grand Rapids on Sunday night and will shoot some places that Bill went to during the rest of our trip.

No comments: