Sunday, June 3, 2012

This year's 354th Reunion is Cancelled

I just received a letter in the mail from Clayton "Kelly" Gross (President of the 354th Association) stating that the reunion in New Orleans for this summer has been cancelled due to health reasons of some of the veterans.

This letter hits home that there are not many of the men of the 354th left.

I had the pleasure of meeting a few of them over the last 6 years. I attended the 2006, 2007 and 2008 reunions. Meeting these men and their families changed my life for the better!

If you are reading this blog, then you should be aware of my youtube channel and the videos about the 354th Fighter Group that I have posted. (My channel can be found by searching "flashframe1966" on the youtube website.)

While I am still attempting to get a wider audience for these video tributes, youtube had been a fantastic way to showcase the sacrifices made by the men!

I am doing my best in making sure that these men will never be forgotten!



No comments: