Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Documentary Completion Date Update

Including the latest video about Lowell K. Brueland, I just realized that I have edited and posted over 3 hours of documentary videos about the 354th Fighter Group. (And another hour of WWII archival material!)


I am so happy that I had decided to concentrate on making these shorter videos instead of one long documentary. Most people today (especially the younger ones) will only watch short videos and I feel this game plan has worked out great.

Some people have asked when the all the segments will be completed. That is a very hard question to answer. It takes somewhere between 50 and 200 hours to edit each segment (depending on its length, how complicated it is and how long it takes to do the research to make sure the facts are correct.)

Zev and Francesca were extremely helpful producing and filming the documentary. In fact, it is 100x better than it would have been had they not been involved! Unfortunately because of their busy schedules and other personal matters, they have not been able to be involved in any of the editing.

So it really is a one man band now - I can only edit on my free time. It is very time consuming but it has been worth it - meeting the men of the 354th and their families has changed my life for the better.

I am currently unemployed and am trying to edit as much as I can before my next job starts.


I will probably sell all the segments on dvd at some point later on, but for now I am glad that the men of the 354th and their families can view the segments on youtube.

In case you don't know, this is the link to my youtube channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/flashframe1966?feature=mhee

It is doubtful that I will ever be able to get these videos on a national cable network, so I am thankful youtube can give the public access to these videos.

I am also looking for grant money that could help finance the completion of the segments.  If anyone has any information about grants, please send me an email (flashframe1966@gmail.com).



Enjoy the videos!

Jon Teboe



No comments: