Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Photos from Joe Bell's collection of his grandfather Thomas Whelan's Photos and Papers

Thomas Whelan
Joe Bell, the grandson of the 356th FS's Thomas Whelan, has a fantastic collection of his grandfather's WWII photos and papers. Thanks for letting me share them, Joe!!!


Thomas Whelan was part of C FLIGHT. Do you recognize any of these other men?

A group of fighter pilots near the flight line. Do you recognize any of these men?


Fighter Director Vocabulary Page 1 of 2 - This is cool; I've never seen this vocabulary list before.

Fighter Director Vocabulary Page 2 of 2 - This is cool; I've never seen this vocabulary list before.
Thomas Whelan was a member of the 354th Pioneer Mustang Fighter Group Association after the war. It is through this association that I met the men of the 354th and was able to start my documentary series.

No comments: